Recruitment and Selection
Appropriate recruitment and selection procedures for staff/learners in the context of child protection have been adopted by Training Centre and include the following:
- Confirmation of the identity of the applicant including personal details obtained through use of an application form. (How do we do this)
- Requirement of a declaration of previous convictions and submission to formal checks for candidates who work will bring them into contact with children and vulnerable adults or who will have a management responsibility in relation to those whose work bring them into such contact.
- A clear guarantee that disclosed information will be treated in confidence and not used against applicants unfairly, including adherence to the Central Garda Vetting Unit Code of Practice.
- Documentary evidence of qualifications (where required).
- Use of several selection techniques to maximise the process of safe recruitment (e.g. interview, reference checks etc.).